Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Felling Better All The Time.

I saw my heart doctor recently (last week) and he said I was doing very well and does not need to see me until November.
(I can't wait for November 30th as it marks the end of hurricane season)

I'm still playing Oblivion and the more I play this game the more impressed I am.
I finally bought a house in the game called Arbor Watch. The house is big and lots of places to store stuff.
However I have a few complaints about the game.
Comparing Oblivion to Morrowind there are a few things missing.
First the spells.
The spells of Mark and Recall are gone. These spells let you set a point in the game called a Mark. You then used the spell Recall to be transported instantly (well almost) to that point.
This came in very handy when cleaning out tombs. You could set the Mark in front of a shop then go raid tomb. Once you had all you could carry you use Recall and ZAP you are in front of the store where you can sell your items.
This has been replaced by "Fats Travel" which requires you to be one the surface outside a tomb and ready to travel to where ever you want on the map. It does however take the same amount of game time that normal travel does.
Also you can no longer decorate you house with lights as you could in the old game. In the old game I had candles and lanterns placed on the outside of my house so it would be easy to find from a distance.
They have also removed the ability to place items where you want. In the old game you could place items more or less where you wanted.
In my house I had a shelf full of helmets of bad guys I had killed.
Now you may only drop and move object.
You can move the objects around using telekineses but it extremely difficult to have an item face a certain way.
This is very annoying.
Other than that I give Oblivion a five star review.

No comments: