Sunday, January 06, 2008

Losing A Friend and Mentor

Today a very good friend died.
Ken was a friend, teacher, and Mentor.
He was someone I thought would never die. He was a explosion of energy , humor, and intellect.
He taught me a great deal about television. It's production and it's power.
In the past few years he has been very ill suffering a series of operations, hospital stays, and the betrayal of the company he gave over thirty years of his life.
Ken has been in a world of pain. I am happy he no longer has to suffer but I am sad at not having him around as a friend.
I feel even more saddened for his wife and child. I know they love him tremendously and are now heartbroken.
The are know number of words that can describe how much they will miss him. I will miss him as well as so will those who worked with him.

No comments: