Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Shut Up And Dance

"It seems to me that the folks who create and publish a game shouldn't stop receiving income from further sales." That's the word from Bungie audio director Marty O'Donnell.

I guess O'Donnell feels that he should get money when I trade an old game in.
Then why don't car companies get more money when you trade a car in for a newer model?
Should movie and television producers get money if I trade in a DVD of a show or movie for a new DVD?
What about used book sales?
Do the Dallas Cowboys get some money off the old cowboy t-shirt I bought at a garage sale?

Also, if your game so good why are people trading it in?

Personally, I was going to hang onto all my Halo disks forever but with comments like this I just might trade them in out of shear spite.

This is why audio guys get paid to listen and not talk. Marty, do yourself a favor.
Shut up and dance.

No comments: