Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today

Today I had blood work done. The trip there was full of surprises. The first was the smell, it was very heavy metallic and acidic. Like a car on fire. The was no smoke and no signs of a wreck so the smell must have either been hanging around from an earlier wreck or drifting from one of the refineries on the far side of town. When refineries smell like that there usually is a great deal of cars with lights on them running about like lost ants and end of the world chatter on the radio. This time there was neither. Another surprise was how many of the building that where once empty and shuttered where now booming with business. Of course my home town always seems to grow when times are bad elsewhere and become stagnate when the economy is fine for everyone else. The final surprise was the young lady who took my blood. She was so small. She barely came up to my chest. She was very sweet and gentle though.
I also learned that or mayor has announced he will run for a third term. I like our mayor and consider him a friend. He always stops and talks when we run into each other. And he actually will return a phone call. I have known him for decades now and he is someone I don't mind having in office. The rest of the city council however should be made to where those location bracelets like the home parolies have to wear. One has undergone such a dramatic change in personalty after being elected I believe he may have an ailen controling him somehow.

No comments: